Thursday, November 13, 2008

November 13,
I am exited to get this blog underway and thank you for checking it out! I am Andrew (Magnus) Nesbitt of Williamstown, Massachusetts attending Gould Academy, as a sophomore, in the Great State of Maine. I have been at the school for almost three months now and have been having a lot of fun with the school and life at school in general.

What would make me come 5 hours to school when I come from a town where the local high school has dominated Massachusetts skiing for the last 4 years? I started thinking about Private school the fall of 5th grade when the state started to cut of a lot of taxes, taxes would go into the high school. The classes at the high school grew from an average of 18 to 27 in one summer, to a dyslexic student this would have been a hell. I left public school in 6th grade and attended a tiny Private day school in Williamstown with out a ski team. I never wanted to go back to a public school again. After graduating the school in June if my 9th grade year I had made a decision to come to Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine. Hear I am!

Today was a very relaxing day for the Nordic team tough it did start early. A few of us got up at 6 o'clock to get in a small circuit work out in the gym. Some bench dips, push ups, dumb bells, lunges, and giant steps, with some cherries on top (medicine balls).

After lunch it was time to go ski. We drove about 5 minutes to a piece of pavement that was flat and in very good condition. This, as well, was not a hard work out. It was a 45 minute skate technique work with some 200 meter speeds in there. After the warm down we had to speed the van back to campus so we could all make it to class on time. I think we all made it :)

Everyone hear is now focusing on the fall term exams next week.

I was exited to see we had a bigger crew than usually comes roller skiing, and we all hope that the snow comes thick and fast. The weather calls for a bit of an ice storm tonight.
Good luck all!
Magnus

No comments: