Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ok I'm back!

After a breif stint of dead battery i am back to finish my blog.

Unfortunately i can't post pictures because i forgot my firewire cable :(
Well yesterday was a long day, with most the team leaving at 12 from gould and finally arriving here at our condo in stoneham at 8:45 after they got lost in quebec city. Coach K and I left Bethel a little after 3 pm and arrived in foret about 9 pm suprisingly, never getting lost. We stopped in farmington on our way up and I picked up my new boots. Alpina Elite's, a classic pair and a skate pair. They are possibly the most comfortable boot ever!

Well as I said earlier, we are here in Stoneham, Quebec and it is the beginning of a Thanksgiving camp, which will go down in the record books. Why? Because snow, is scarce and the skiers are thick. Basically, our coaches are getting creative for new ways to put us on snow. Whether its rollerskiing at the Military Base biathalon range, or skating at a tubing park, our coaches are deteremined to get us on the white stuff. This afternoon, the team chilled out in the condo while the coaches searched around for our options. This evening, the plan was to walk across the street to the Stoneham ski area and ski at the base of the mountain on the man made snow. The team walked over, all the while i grumbled about how we were going to get yelled at in french. About 20 feet from the snow, a french lady jumped out of a precariously parked car and shouted at us in french. Alice would like to remind me that it was "polite french". We told the lady that we spoke and English and she told us to go away because it was closed. We didn't push it. So we came back to the condo and hung out until the coaches arrived home with grocerys. Yes...more grocerys and its the first day. It seems that a ski team of *ahem* 6 kids goes through a rather lot in one day. We just ate dinner and they began digging in on the icecream as I started to write this....

Anyways that was day one and we will keep you posted!

think of snow!
-peter

1 comment:

Ian Nesbitt said...

Man Pete, you should have skied with us at Burke! You guys should feel lucky to be on snow at all...La Foret is closed now to outsiders. Anyway you would have been welcome with us...we had a TT today and I know my brother would have wanted to ski against me...